Sunday, July 25, 2010

Triptych


Triptych, such a strange word.  It is pronounced TRIP-tic, and I think I am in love with this type of photography(art) composition.  Tri-means three and ptych-means folds, like panels.  I was told by Tracey Clark from Picture Summer that the three photos should tell a story.  In the above image I think it is clear that this about the bond between a mother and her daughter.
Some triptych tips that I found out there on line.
1. Make sure the lighting matches through out all three photos.
2. If there is a horizon, try to have it connect through all three photos.
3.  If you feature people, try to make them all the same size.
4.  The two outer photos need to turn in towards the middle one.  The reason for this is the eye will want to follow the photo off the page instead toward the middle photograph.  That is why I have both end photos turned in sorta diagonal towards the middle picture.
5.  I also read that you can have a triptych photo from one photo, which looks really cool too.
6.  I know this photo hardly has a boarder, but I think a wider boarder will look much nicer.  I will add that to the bottom of this post so you can see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment