Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Edits...

To begin, I have to thank this family so much for letting experiment on them.  It was a challenge for me and I learned so much from it!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just doing some editing tonight and messing around with actions.  I am liking this vintage action from Totally Rad Actions.  These pictures were taken in the shade and seemed to be missing something to me, so I thought I would play around a little bit.  I first edited my images in Camera Raw, then did some final edits in Photoshop CS5.  After that, I loaded the new actions and just applied them to the already corrected images.  It was too easy! I am one of those people who has to stare for awhile at a photograph before I decide if I like it or not, so I thought posting these images would be a good way for me to check them out through out the day and determine if I like them better with normal color or a vintage feel.

So, with each photo shoot I learn so much!  This one along with my other family of five photo shoot were similar.  I need to work on group poses for an entire family.  With that in mind, a less busy background for a big group of people might be a better choice.  The leaves in the background are too busy and distracting to me on some of these pictures.  Also, somehow figure out how to get the whole family to look at the camera at the same time.  Another thing for me to remember is when shooting younger children, that at this time, I need to use auto focus.  Trying to focus manually on a moving child is difficult for me at this time.  Because of my slow manual focus, I missed the CUTEST shot of the youngest little girl...darn!  I also feel that using selective focus helps me, just one little focus square right in the middle of my frame.  Rather than the camera trying to figure out what is important in the picture to focus on.  All in all it was a good shoot, wish I could of done better...but it is going to take time! :)




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful family shots ... I bet they loved them. That boy and his dad one is unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete