Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back to Life...Back to Reality!

Back to normal life.  Just got back from Las Vegas for the weekend with a couple of my girl friends.  It was so fun, but I am so glad to be home with my family.  Getting those breaks from "routine life" is awesome, but at the same time...I miss it.  I missed my husband, missed my girls, missed my normal life.  Funny, it is so glamorous in Vegas and FAST...but that life is not for me...well, maybe every 8 months or so it is for me. 

What I like about this picture is this is what it is really like around my house.  Kids pulling off their clothes off and dumping them at their feet.  The fights in the bath tub between the two girls..."stop splashing me, stop spitting water on me, stop, stop, stop!  Mommy!"  The night time routine, bath, brushing of teeth...then telling the oldest to go do it again and this time actually brush and floss.  The night time milk and relaxing cartoon for the youngest.  Then tucking them into bed for the night and getting to sit back and relax with my husband who I love so very much.  Life is good, even if it can be a little slow and mundane at times. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this shot. I love the story it tells. Real life in all its imperfect perfection!! Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete