Saturday, August 28, 2010

Photoshop CS5 and Metering for Exposure

This photo isn't related to any part of the post today, I just
thought that a picture makes a post more interesting. 
Well, I am crazy excited to say that I just got Photoshop CS5.  Now, having said that...it is a lot more to learn than Elements.  Which of course, I love the challenge.  I might get a little more pasty white from not going outdoors since my nose is stuck in my newest Photoshop book.  If you already have Elements I am sure that you got the email stating that you could upgrade to CS5 for $299.00.  I think this is a GREAT deal so I jumped on it.  The cost is usually around $700.00!!!!  Just thought I would share my excitement and tell you how stinking AWESOME this program is.  I haven't gotten super far in the book, but what I am seeing so far is AMAZING!

On a different note, I am going to start to gather more info on metering for exposure for natural light photography.  I do have a couple of tutorials already in the tutorial section of the blog (the only working button at the top of the page besides "home", and "about me").  I guess I should finish putting my blog together too! :)  Anyhow, I have some of the basics for exposure already in the tutorial section. So, this week I am going to dive a little further into it.  Here are a couple of tutorials that might be helpful on metering,ISO,shutter speed, and aperture.  These are the basics on how to get a good exposure from my research.  Currently I have been trying to figure out what exactly I should meter on in different lighting.  Like if my subject is back lit, should I meter off the sunset, the grass, or the subjects face?  So, once I have my data collected, next week I will post my findings and some example pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm scratching my head now from Open Shade lighting - but I'll study it until it sinks in.
    Thanks again for sharing your research. Truly, it makes a difference coming from a person (you)
    How's Roxie doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if you have any questions, it always help me get it more if I am asked a question. Even writing it out in the blog posts helps it stick! I need all the help I can get.

    Roxy is doing good, she can be a handful at times though!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete