Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Shot of the Day...



Here are todays shots, funny thing about them is they were taken maybe 15 minutes apart from each other. The weeds were taken at sunset with a very cloudy sky and my daughter in the rain outside of my car. I took some other shots of the weeds that were metered correctly, but I actually liked the overexposed one the best. I think it had a different look to it. The one of my daughter was inspired by DeeLeeO over at Jessica Sprague.com. Here is a link to her picture...

www.jessicasprague.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=355&pos=0

I did a very teeny tiny bit of research on taking photos when it is cloudy out. The general consenses was that it is great for portraits, since it softens the hard shadows. As well as good for landscape, but that a tripod might be necessary since the shutter speed will need to be adjusted to allow more light for the photo. Or you could also always increase ISO or use a bigger f/stop and make a more shallow depth of field. (smaller f/stop number)

No comments:

Post a Comment