Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 2nd Saturday ArtHop of Redding, CA - Jamie Solorio Photography

As usual, there was no disappointment in this months local 2nd Saturday ArtHop of Redding, CA.   If you have not yet gone to the ArtHop it is about time you gave it a try.  Downtown Redding has totally changed!  Chris Molitor playing on the street corner in front of the new yogurt shop Spoon Me.  People walking around all dressed up, laughing, listening, and have a great time.  Here for the Fall being heard from inside Vintner's Cellar.  I am telling you, a good time....so, go DO IT! :)

I started my evening going to Carnegies located at 1600 Oregon Street of Redding, CA.  Two of my best friends came out with me and as we walked into the dimly lit bar/restaurant we could hear two very talented musicians playing music.  My two friends headed to the bar and grabbed a tasty brew and I made my way upstairs to see Carnegies featured artist Michael Kuker.

Note: I linked his images instead of taking pictures myself.  This way you would get to see his art exactly as he created it. :)

Michael Kuker has been taking photographs for around ten years and is self taught.  I always have to hand it to anybody that has enough passion to teach themselves their craft.  Michael loves to take pictures of local landmarks, which is inspired by history.  Michael is the type of artist that goes that extra mile to get the perfect shot.  For example while trying to get a beautiful shot of some waterfalls in Dunsmuir he twisted his ankle, but was still able to get the most gorgeous shot.  If you would like to purchase some of his extraordinary work you can contact him at info@kukerphotography.com

Here are some of my favorite images:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuker/sets/240024/

Next on my agenda was to meet the so very exceptional artist Kara Yowell who was being featured at Viva Downtown.  Her art was very sensual and vibrant.  I loved it!  She also is a self taught artist who is very passionate about her craft.  Everything about her art to her choice of clothing, hair, and make-up had a very pin up style to it.  Kara is a mixed media artist and had so many pieces hanging it was hard for me to choose my very favorite.  Her favorite mediums to create with are watercolor pencils, acrylic and oil paints.

Note:  The lighting is dark inside the building and these pictures look even more colorful in real life.  Please contact Yara Yowell at kfieseler@hotmail.com for more information.
 
Featured Artist Kara Yowell

"Deadly Addiction"
Watercolor Pencil
$350

 "Contemplating the Future"
Watercolor Pencil
$200

 "The Look of Fire"
Watercolor Pencil
$200

 "Bang, Bang"
Watercolor Pencil
NFS, but please contact Kara in case she offers this in print


 "Giving the Gift of Awareness"
Oil Painting
Donated to Nor Cal Think Pink
As far as I know, you might still be able to buy $5 raffle tickets for this painting that is going to be raffled off on November 17th, 2011.


Last place to visit had to be Here to the Fall (click link to hear some of their music on Facebook).  One of my very favorite local bands.  Vintner's Cellar Custom Winery located at 1700 California Street had a full house with this energetic band playing.  I walked in and everybody had huge smiles, filled drinks, and people were even peering in as they walked by on the side walk wondering what all the excitement was about.





  

The next 2nd Saturday ArtHop will be on October 8th, 2011.  For more information please contact http://www.hawkmanstudios.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment